Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 6 Submission

Quote:
“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth. ”
William Faulkner
  • What inspires and excites you most about your advocacy plan and being an advocate? I love helping others expand their knowledge. In this case, I am helping a teacher expand her classroom and get more parents involved.
  • What challenges and/or anxieties do you feel related to engaging in the advocacy efforts you have targeted? I am worried that parents won't get on board right away. If this happens, I need to have a back-up plan in place.
  • What do you believe will be most effective in helping you overcome any challenging emotions you may be feeling with regard to presenting and implementing your Advocacy Action Plan? Having a back-up plan and teachers and staff on board with me will make this easier for me to achieve the goal.
  • How can you encourage others in their advocacy efforts, and how can others encourage you? Being supportive of others will help others as well as me. There is always power in numbers.

3 comments:

  1. You quote has such truth to it that I do not even know what to say. I like the fact that you realize that their is always power in numbers, you seem to get more done when you have people to help you and vice-versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is an excellent quote to inspire you. I also think that it is great that you are finding ways to get parents involve. This is so important in children overall development. I understand your challenge because change is always hard. Remember change is a process that takes time so if everyone don't jump on board right away it okay, they will come around. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete